Pages

Saturday 29 January 2011

January Music Purchases

I thought I hadn't really bought much music in January so I had a look, 11 albums and a music DVD! So instead of just buying I'm going to write down what I buy and monitor it over the year. So here are my buys for the month;

John Legend and The Seeds - Wake Up two stars of the new worlds of soul rework classic soul protest songs, excellent stuff.
Janelle Monae - The Archandroid cool nu soul for one of the hottest acts in the US at the minute worth checking out.
The Czars - Goodbye - Sorry I Made You Cry & The Ugly People Vs The Beautiful People Very late to the party on this one as they have already split up, discovered after buying John Grants solo album. Great Americana if that's what it's called and an brilliant cover of Tim Buckley's Song To the Siren, which is as good as This Mortals Coils bar setting version.
Gomez - Liquid Skin bought for £1 and fills a gap in my Gomez collection, good solid album from the boys that brought us Whipping Piccadilly
Neil Young - Le Noise Latest release from the man they call Old Shakey, not my favourite Neil Young album by a long shot, great reviews but struggling to find anything to make me play it again.
Ray Lamontagne & The Pariah Dogs - God Willin' & The Creek Don't Rise Rays 4 album and it's good not as good as Trouble or When The Sun Turns Black but good all the same.
Rumer - Seasons Of My Soul Very Radio 2 and I suspect every household will have a copy by the end of the year, a little bit of Dusty and a little bit of Karen Carpenter, a lot of original talent!

Cinematic Orchestra Ma Fleur and Live At The Royal Albert Hall discovered whilst listening to advert for Sky Atlantic, great music with some stunning guess vocalists Patrick Watson and Lou Rhodes to name but two. To Build A Home is on a loop at the minute can't get enough of it!
Smoke Fairies - Through Low Light and Trees make that 12 albums as just found this one! Bought it at the gig last Sunday, sounds like Clannad singing Gothic hymns sounds strange, it is a little bit but in a very special way.

Crosby Still Nash & Young Deja Vu Haven't watch it yet but should be good.


No comments:

Post a Comment